The Accessibility Suite is a bookable room in the Library for students with disabilities or dyslexia who use specialist assistive software such as Dragon Naturally Speaking dictation software, or who need to speak with their assistants. Wheelchair users are also welcome to use the room.
How to find it
It is located on the 6th floor, next to the lift.
The room has two electronically height adjustable tables with orthopaedic chairs, large-screen workstations and scanners.
In addition to the regular software that all computers in the Library have installed, the computers in the Accessibility Suite have a range of accessibility software available for use:
- ClaroRead text to speech software
- TextHelp Read & Write
- MindView mind mapping software
- Inspiration mind mapping software
- ZoomText magnification software
- Dragon Naturally Speaking dictation software
- JAWS which reads the screen contents aloud and allows totally blind or partially sighted users full access to the PC.
Learn more about the Productivity Software we offer in the Accsssibility Suite (including links to help guides).
Who can use the Suite?
The Suite is only for students who require the use of specialist assistive software, such as Dragon Naturally Speaking dictation software; for wheelchair users, or for those who work with an assistant with whom they need to speak. If you need to use this facility please ask your Disability Support Officer to request booking rights for the room from our Disability Support Team (email@example.com)
The door is operated with your Senate House Library card. Your card will grant you access to the room once the necessary booking rights are in place.
Booking the room
The Accessibility Suite may be booked for one session per day, morning or afternoon, (or evening in term time). To book it, use the booking form, contact the Library by email, or telephone: 0207 862 8460. Alternatively, if you are in the Library and the Suite is available, ask at the Library Service Desk to make a booking.
Help and assistance
If you need help using the software please contact the Library by email, telephone 0207 862 8460, or visit the Circulation Desk on the 4th floor.
- Eating and drinking (apart from bottled water) is prohibited in the suite.
- Personal belongings left unattended will be removed from this suite and kept safe by Library staff.
- You should communicate any enquiries or requests to other users of the room with consideration and respect, and treat others as you would expect to be treated.
If there are conflicts over the use of the room you should ask the Library Service Desk to resolve the problem. If we consider that you have not been abiding by the rules, usage of the room may be temporarily revoked. Should any problems continue we may remove the privilege of using the Accessibility Suite.