The Collection primarily covers Western theology and non Christian religion, biblical studies, church doctrine, comparative religion, mysticism, and religious ethics.
- Religious Studies books are located on the 7th floor.
- Recent issues of periodicals are on display in the Periodicals Room (North Reading Room), 4th floor.
- Most back issues of periodicals and some monographs are shelved in the stacks. These will display the location Stack Service. Please request these through the Catalogue using the Fetch Service.
The collection is complimented by a range of Databases. Researchers should consult a variety of resources including JISC Historic Books and the bibliographic ATLA religion database. For a more complete list view list of Religious Studies databases.
- History for European Church History and Islamic history.
- Music for liturgical music.
- Manuscript and Print Studies for key sources (Corpus Christianorum, Patriologia Graecae and Patriologia Latinae, etc).
- Philosophy for ethics and religious thought.
- Special Collections holdings, including the Porteus Library and the Gravely Parish Library
- Reference works: dictionaries, encyclopaedias and guides shelved in the reference section, Periodicals Room (North Reading Room), 4th floor.
Banner image credit
The Last Supper – image credit